Team We Walk for Batman is getting together in Valley Center, CA at 10AM for their walk - they'll have a route mapped out, and social distancing rules will be enforced, so please bring your mask! If you choose to join them, please RSVP to Lori directly at firstname.lastname@example.org by October 11, 2020.
Because this year's event is being held virtually, you can also participate safely on your own from wherever you are! Just strap on those walking shoes, and go for a stroll around your neighborhood for this great cause.
Here are some ideas on how you can make your Virtual Walk a even more of a success:
- Go for a walk in your neighborhood with a team sign.
- Count your steps/laps and have people sponsor at a level they’re comfortable giving.
- Have a competition with your friends and family using your smart watches to count steps.
- Use the Charity Miles app to track your steps—they make a contribution to nonprofit organizations designated by app users.
- Do a "Chalk your Walk" campaign by writing ALS awareness messages on your sidewalks with colored chalk.
- Wear your favorite team or walk t-shirt; challenge others to join you online from anywhere in the world in the virtual camaraderie of the day.
- Post a photo or short video explaining why you walk and/or who you walk in honor of or in memory of.
We certainly hope you can join us, whether that be in person or in your neighborhood, as we walk to raise awareness and Walk To Defeat ALS™.
Date and Time
Sun, Oct 18, 2020
9:30a - 1:00p PST